Tuesday, February 05, 2008

H-4 documentation

All consultants on H-1B should understand that it is their responsibility to maintain the H-4 Status of their Spouse and Children as lawyer may not have knowledge whether they are married or single or we may not have documents of their Spouse and Children if they are in USA.

For extension of H-4 Status:

  • Copy of Passport
  • Copy of H-1B Approval Notice for main beneficiary
  • Copy of H-4 Approval Notice (if any), Visa and I-94 if already in U.S. on H-4;
  • Copy of Social security Card if applicable
  • Current 4-5 pay stubs for Spouse on H-1B
  • Marriage Certificate and Birth Certificate for Children
  • Current Address in USA
  • Foreign Address

Even though we say for extension the same set of documents can be used for initial filing as well. Google for I-539.

No comments: